6-week mindfulness course for musicians who are ready to dismiss performance anxiety, accomplish more in the practice room, and lay the foundation for long-term success.
Enrollment for Mindfulness for Musicians is currently closed. Want to join the wait list? Contact me today.
Life as a musician can be incredibly stressful.
But you probably already know that.
We perform, we rehearse, we teach, we network, we gig, we practice…then we practice some more.
And as we rush from one demanding activity to another, it’s easy to forget the joy of being a musician.
Anxiety creeps in. We start dreading rehearsals. We fear performing. And we can barely focus in the practice room…there’s just so much to get done.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Mindfulness is a powerful tool for musicians who want to:
- dismiss performance anxiety and learn to enjoy performing,
- accomplish more in the practice room,
- stop hurrying frantically from one activity to another,
- and maintain the kind of long-term consistency that’s needed for a successful career in music.
Mindfulness for musicians
Mindfulness is both a traditional form of meditation and a method for developing calm awareness in the present moment.
For musicians, mindfulness is a hugely beneficial practice. Especially if:
- You struggle to remain calm before big performances (or even small ones).
- You’ve ever gotten so nervous during a performance that you totally lost track of what you were doing.
- Your day-to-day stress level is so high that you wake up every morning dreading the day ahead.
- You regularly spend an hour (or a whole day) practicing, only to realize afterward that you didn’t really accomplish anything because your mind was wandering the whole time.
If you want to unlock your true musical potential and start making the kind of progress that leads to winning auditions, mastering new repertoire quickly, and finally learning to love performing, you’re ready to learn how to apply mindfulness practice to your musical life.
Mindfulness for Musicians is for you if:
- You’re tired of performance anxiety ruining your performances and auditions.
- You’re ready to stop wasting precious practice time and try a more efficient way of practicing.
- You want to re-discover your love of music and performing.
- You’re ready to commit the time and effort it takes to build powerful new habits.
Mindfulness for Musicians is NOT for you if:
- You want a quick fix. (You’ll notice some big changes in the very first week of the course, but only consistent practice over the full 6 weeks will reap the most powerful benefits)
- You think you’ll never be able to enjoy performing.
- You believe there’s no room for improvement in your daily routine.
What You’ll Learn
During this 6-week course, you’ll receive 6 weekly 60-minute one-on-one coaching calls with Dr. Travis Baird on the following topics:
Week 1: Principles of Mindfulness and Developing a Personalized Routine
Week 2: Mindfulness in the Practice Room
Week 3: The Art of Equanimity and How to Successfully Achieve Long-Term Goals
Week 4: Mindfulness on Stage (…and Backstage)
Week 5: Breathing and Visualization for Confident, Poised Performances
Week 6: Body Awareness for Performance Freedom and Long-Term Health
In each call, you’ll receive personalized instruction and weekly homework based on your experience level and current goals.
Dr. Travis Baird has helped hundreds of musicians to incorporate mindfulness into their performing lives. Whether you’re a professional musician looking to advance your skill-set, a college student preparing for your next recital and a series of high-stakes auditions, or an advanced high school musician who is ready to embrace their true potential, this course will be personalized to meet your unique needs.
In Mindfulness for Musicians, you will:
- Learn powerful research-based methods for eliminating music performance anxiety.
- Discover how to be more efficient and productive in the practice room.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in the practice room and on stage.
- Develop a bulletproof, personalized mental preparation routine.
- Embrace your capacity for poised, confident performance (even under pressure).
- (6) Weekly 60-minute one-on-one coaching calls (via Skype or similar)
- Recordings of all calls
- Pre-Course Questionnaire
- Personalized weekly homework with lifetime email support
- Goal Setting + Mindfulness for Musicians Guidebook
Before working with Travis I frequently struggled with performance anxiety. I would try to keep from thinking about being nervous, but always ended up making mistakes on music that I could always play successfully when I was alone in a practice room. Travis was able to teach me how to center my thoughts without trying to bottle up my nervous feelings. Now when I perform, instead of tearing myself down, I go in with confidence and a positive attitude.
I had great difficulty with performance anxiety. Once I began to practice these meditation techniques, I learned how to handle my anxiety issues and successfully perform with more confidence and composure. I am very thankful for the opportunity I had working with Travis.
For years, the idea of performing was one of the greatest fears in my life. I would dread a performance weeks, even months, in advance. Performing was an experience of sweaty hands, racing heartbeat, and uncontrollable shaking. Working with Travis helped me slow down and really focus on the mental experience of performing. Travis was extremely engaged and invested in guiding me on the personal journey of reframing my thoughts and actions in performance and performance preparation. I would highly recommend anyone struggling with performance anxiety to work with Travis!
When does the course start?
Enrollment is closed for summer 2017. If you’d like to join the wait list, email me today.
What if I’m going out of town and can’t schedule 6 consecutive calls?
No problem! Each participant in Mindfulness for Musicians will have 9 weeks to complete the course. If you need it, you’ll have 3 built-in weeks of schedule flexibility for traveling, auditions, or other commitments that might make scheduling a challenge.
What if I don’t live in North America?
Dr. Baird works with musicians from around the world. He offers flexible scheduling to suit nearly all time zones.
Do I need to be a meditation expert to join this course?
Mindfulness for Musicians is designed to suit the unique needs of each musician, whether they have never practiced mindfulness or they have a well-established meditation practice.
How do I sign up?
Read the next section and sign up for a free 30-minute Mindfulness for Musicians Discovery Call.
During your free call, we’ll discuss your goals for the course, guarantee that we’re a good fit to work together, and work out any technology that we’ll be using (Skype, email, recordings, etc.)
ENROLLMENT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR MINDFULNESS FOR MUSICIANS
If you’re interested in joining the wait list, send me an email.
Have any questions? Just send an email with your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
As Seen At:
Too much to do and not enough time?
Get my free GEARS Planner for Highly Organized Music Teachers.
- Simplify Your Schedule
- Leave Overwhelm Behind
- Easily Prioritize Your Goals
- Create Time for Rest and Self-Care
- Get Your To-do List Under Control
Enter your email address to get your 7-Day GEARS Planner and create the sustainable, enjoyable daily schedule that you deserve.